Monday, October 24, 2016

Spotlight on Helen Clawges

Victorian Gears and Life

Who?  Helen Clawges

Helen always loved colors and designs. She took art in high school. But after marriage and 4 kids she didn't stay with it, except with crafts and scrap booking. She longed to  get back into art and finally did in 2012. She actually followed Kathy McElhinny up the elevator at the Henengar Center because she was carrying art supplies. Helen said, "Kathy was so encouraging and helpful to a new beginner like me."

Helen, in her own words...

What medium do you prefer and why?
  

I've always loved watercolor with pen and ink. My dad had old ink pens and ink from his father. I'd  rather use ink than pencil. 

What inspires you to create your art ?
 
I enjoy creating abstract designs and flowers. There are so many  designs to  be discovered and created. I want to make up for lost time.

To see more work by Helen, please stop by the Strawbridge Art League and Gallery at 819-2 East Strawbridge Avenue, Melbourne, Florida