Monday, October 17, 2016

Spotlight on Denise Santi




Who?   Denise Santi
 As a small child, Denise was always fascinated with colors, shapes and outlines.  When she didn't have a crayon, she'd draw with her eyes or bob her head to get the shape in her mind.  Starting college, she planned to be an artist or a veterinarian.  She became a registered nurse instead.  She has been working as an RN since 21 years old but all the while taking college drawing courses or art workshops when able. She never forgot her love of art. She has been painting and been a member of various art groups through the years. This has enabled her to meet people with similiar interests and also encouraged her to create.  In the Summer of 2016, she was selected to paint a bench in Cocoa Village for their ArtWorks Main Street beautification.  
 A little more about Denise in her own words...
What medium do you prefer and why?

I tend to prefer drawing and watercolors because I like the spontanaity of getting the feeling down quickly of what has drawn me to a subject. It may be the color, line or a quirky part that I enjoy.  I often incorporate inks, oils or acrylics into my watercolors.  Being a Florida native,  I love the outdoors any time of the year.  Watercolor is a great medium to take on my bike and look for a place to create.

 What inspires or motivates you to create your art and what does your art mean to you?

My faith in God is everything to me. I love the nature, creatures, colors and textures He has given us to enjoy.  I try to express this in my art.  I always have Hope and try to inspire Hope in others through my works. I ask the Lord for His guidance when creating in order to show Him through me.

What makes your art unique?

Since I tend to remember in pictures rather than words, I often add parts of my past into my paintings.  My memory can only come from me! Lately, I've been taking "starts" I've painted and tear them into pieces and push and recreate them into something else.  It's fun and unique!