Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September Demo: Achieving Depth with Acrylics presented by Susan Kennicott



Susan Kennicott will be demonstrating Achieving Depth with Acrylics at the September Strawbridge Art League general meeting.  The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20 at 6:00 pm at the Strawbridge Art League and Gallery at 819-2 East Strawbridge Avenue; Historic Downtown Melbourne.

Susan Kennicott works in both realism and realistic abstract using Golden Flu-
id Acrylics. You won't want to miss her demonstration.

Here's a little background from Susan about her work...


Art has been a part of me for as long as I can remember.  I grew up in the midwest on a farm with parents that were creative, supportive and instilled an appreciation of nature.  During the course of life I have lived not only in the midwest but in Houston, Nashville, Huntsville, Al and now in Florida. These are all areas of wonderful art communities that inspire and nurture growth.

 As I paint I try to make it feel as if I am sculpting the piece by pushing the depths and popping the edges.  I work totally in Golden paints believing their quality products to be some of the best on the market.  

  My work has been used on the cover of nursery catalogs and have been collected nationally and internationally.  (the Barkos painting was commissioned by The PlantPeddler and used for their trade shows and on their international catalog).  I have shown my work at the Iowa State Fair winning 1st place in acrylics plus venues throughout the midwest and online.


During the demo I have handouts from Golden on their acrylic paints and samples of their new watercolor line.  


Susan’s work can be viewed at the Art Gallery of Viera or online at www.susankennicott.com